Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q....Quotations

Movie quotations came to my mind for 'Q' day.  I'll start with the one that I have listed on my Facebook page.  It comes from one of my all-time favorite classics, Gone With the Wind:  "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."  Another quote I like from that book/movie is "After all, tomorrow is another day."  How many times when we get to the end of our day and realize that we didn't accomplish everything on our 'To Do List' that we could use that quote?

I love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.  I have several quotes from that movie that I especially enjoy:  "Face it, I'm older and I have more insurance."  That's a favorite scene when Evelyn turns all ToWanda on a couple of smart-mouth babes!  She pushes their little red volkswagon out of a parking space.  "Then there is always...ToWanda"...."Righter of wrongs, Queen Beyond Compare!"  A more somber quote came from Ninny Threadgoode: "A heart can be broken, but it will keep beating just the same."  Anyone with any age, knows what she means by that!

Another movie that I can watch again and again is Steel Magnolias.  Those characters in that movie are what dreams of friendship are made of!  The movie has such a wide range of emotions flowing through it.  When Truvy speaks, "Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face," a middle-age lady wants to cry whenever everyone else is laughing.  The scene in the cemetary is great how humor helps to breakthrough tragedy and gives someone broken just a little something to smile about when M'Lynn says, "I just wanna hit somebody til they feel as bad as I do."  Then Clairee shoots back, "Here, hit this," (as she offers her friend up for the hitting), "knock her lights out, M'Lynn!"  There are many more quotes from that movie that are awesome, but one that really sticks out in my mind is when M'Lynn is describing the last few hours that she had with her daughter:  "I find it amusing that men are supposed to be made of steel or something.  Drum couldn't take it.  I just sat there and held Shelby's hand.  I was there when that wonderful creature drifted into my life and I was there when she drifted out." 

To end today's quote blog:  "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."  That Forrest Gump...you have to love him!  Blogging is sort of like a box of chocolates, too.  It is always interesting to see what everyone is writing about.  Some topics are very serious while others are humorous.  I hope you get a tasty bite today!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment