Tuesday, April 5, 2011

D is for Daniel

It's been a long day; I am just getting in from my son's baseball game. Daniel had a good game tonight. He had 3 hits, a double and two singles.  He had 5 RBIS and two stolen bases, and caught a couple of pop flies in center field.  For someone who knew and understood so little about baseball and basketball, I have become a sports fanatic when it comes to my # 1 athlete, my son, Daniel.

Daniel will be graduating from middle school in a few weeks and moving on to high school.  We have shared the same building for the past eleven years (I teach school).  Needless to say, I am going to miss my guy as he moves on to the business of preparing for college and choosing an occupation, along with the ups and downs of dating.  I have been fortunate that I have been able to be near him and watch him grow and learn all of these years.  I can still recall the days of preschool just as if it were yesterday.  Daniel spent a lot of his preschool years being a dinosaur, and later he became a host of superheroes to fight and protect his domain.

Then he moved into the world of sports beginning with T-ball and expanding into basketball.  Daniel also enjoys drawing, video games, and water sports.  He has participated in some school plays and has served as Vice-President of Student Council.

I know these last few years of high school will past quickly, and then I may well be faced with the empty-nest syndrome.  But until then, when is the next ballgame?

No comments:

Post a Comment