Friday, February 4, 2011

Stopping By My Neighbor's Woods

     Today I took a walk in the snow.  I stopped and watched my boy and his friends sledding.  I was distracted by the simple beauty of the snow falling through the woods.  All was very peaceful and beautiful.  The landscape made me think of a Robert Frost poem:  Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

            Whose woods these are I think I know.
             His house is in the village though.
             He will not see me stopping here
             To watch his woods fill up with snow.

             My little horse must think it queer
             To stop without a farmhouse near
             Between the woods and frozen lake
             The darkest evening of the year.

             He gives his harness bells a shake
             To ask if there is some mistake.
             The only other sounds the sweep
             Of easy wind and downy flake.

             The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
             But I have promises to keep,
             And miles to go before I sleep,
             And miles to go before I sleep
                         (Robert Frost)

     Snowy Dreams.....

No comments:

Post a Comment